Monday, November 30, 2009

Kiddo Pictures and More Handmade Christmas

We all had a great time during Nanny's recent visit to Texas. The kids really enjoyed spending time with her and even Quinn remembered her! He smiled right away and held his arms out to her as soon as she came into the house. I plan on doing a larger update on Thanksgiving and Quinn's birthday but there's lots of pictures to resize and upload so that will have to come a bit later. For now here are some recent pictures of the kids!










Here is the doll I made for Lexeigh for Christmas. She turned out better than Ella's. I can see that making Waldorf dolls is a craft you get better at each time you do it. Marty let me order the dollmaking dvd from Joy's Waldorf Dolls. I'm so excited to get it! I'd love to make these more often. I'm also going to make a few more before Christmas for the rest of the kids. Yes, even the boys. Haha. I've seen some adorable boy Waldorf dolls and some are elves and whatnot. Very cute.


Here she is. I did a few things differently with her and adjusted the pattern a bit from the way I constructed Ella's. I also did the hair differently and used a different wool for more realistic hair. Mom helped me crochet a cap for her that I sewed onto the head so I could latch each piece of hair in individually. This was probably the most time consuming but wasn't hard. I made some coffee, put on a movie, and by the time the movie was over she was finished!



Lexeigh picked the fabric. Although she didn't know what she was picking it for. =)


She needs a name too. Any suggestions? I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment