Sunday, November 1, 2009

Apron Making and Bread Baking

Lexeigh and I have been learning how to cook new things together. Jimmie has also shown a real interest in cooking and is actually really, really good at it! So we decided to whip up some aprons to wear while we cook, bake, and clean. We really like them and wear them everyday now.


This is side one of my apron




And side two. It's nice to have it reversable in case I need to switch it around in case it gets dirty.




Here's a picture Lexeigh took of me in my apron. She said she needed Uncle Jerry to help her take good pictures. I said I needed Aunty Pooh to help me look presentable. =)



Lexeigh loved this apple kitchen towel I had. Since it was brand new I decided to transform it into an apron for her.


As you can see she really liked it!


Here we are putting our new aprons to good use and making a couple of loaves of bread. This was really easy, really fun, and REALLY yummy.


Lexeigh stirring in the yeast...


And kneading the dough...


Our loaves turned out great and not like bricks at all! We ate a whole loaf right out of the oven. We'll definitely be making this again very soon. Anyone want to come over for some fresh, warm bread? =)

2 comments:

  1. how do you make the bread hang upside down in the pans like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, they're just turned on their sides to cool. I'm actually not sure why you do that. It was just one of the directions I read.

    ReplyDelete