Monday, November 23, 2009

Handmade Christmas

Every year I try to give the kids at least one gift I've made myself. I really love doing this for them and look forward to finding new ideas. They seem to really like it to and it's something that's special to them. Usually they get a few "made by Mommy" gifts each year.

I thought I'd share the one I just finished for Ella. (Actually the first one I've made yet, haha). I've always loved Waldorf dolls and thought they were beautiful. I really want to start making them. I may order the dvd's on them since I think they'd be really helpful. If you've never heard of Waldorf dolls you should google them. They're really neat.

So anyway, I decided to take a stab at making a dolly for Ella for Christmas. I learned a lot and think she turned out pretty cute. It's a good thing Ella's only 2 and won't notice any mistakes I made! =P Her dolly. We thought it'd be fun to give her cute, pink hair.



I made her clothes out of one of Ella's shirts. I chose this particular shirt for a few reasons: 1) She received it for a gift for her 1st birthday and it's now a year later. The time went so fast! 2) The shirt was a gift from her Nanny so I hope that will be special for her too. I made the skirt out of some fun fabric I had.

Total cost for the dolly: $0. I made her from things I already had in my craft stash. Doing many different crafts paid off this time! I still need to add a little blush to her face to make some cheeks.
So what do you think? She needs a name. Anyone want to name her? =)


3 comments:

  1. Very cute doll Nance. I made the girls Madeline dolls one christmas. Your's is much better. I think you did a fantastic job!

    Well Done Nance!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doll is beautiful... I love her. She is so cute. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job Jaime, you are very talented :)
    Love ya kid!

    ReplyDelete