Monday, November 2, 2009

What a Day

We had a really busy day today. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of my listed housework done because we were out.

I called the post hospital this morning to ask about an initial ob visit. They told me to come to the lab, have a test done, wait an hour, then go to Women's Health for the results and to set up an appointment. So I did all of the above. Well the line was really long as most things are since this post is so over crowded and I decided to take the kids home for lunch and nap and call to make the appointment.

I get home and spend 20 minutes calling and getting a busy signal. Finally it rings. They tell me I called Women's Health and not Women's Health "Appointments" so I call another number. They then tell me I need to make an appointment with my civilian pcm so that she could refer me to them for care. Even though they are the ones who did the lab and gave me the positive lab result to deliver to her. *Sigh*

So I call my pcm, and go to see her at 3:50. She was running almost an hour and a half behind and by the time she came to see me none of the kids felt like being there anymore. I handed her the lab paper and she put the referral in. She saw me for about 4 min.

It seemed so silly and such a waste of time to me to go back and forth. I'm glad it's over. Going by some rough estimates they gave me a due date of approximately July 6. We'll see if that changes once we have an initial sonogram to determine gestation.

I hope everone is having a peaceful evening!

4 comments:

  1. What a crap hole of a day, but it was worth it to get the confirmation. Now that we know it is a "for sure" thing, are you giving this one to me? I have 2 winter babies, and I need a summer one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll ask Marty what he thinks about that. And sign your name, haha. I only knew who you were because you requested the baby. As per usual like any pregnancy. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about you both just move to Texas and we can all share =)

    ReplyDelete