Monday, November 9, 2009

Reece's 4th Birthday

Reece had a great birthday yesterday! I can't believe he's 4 already. On the other hand it seems like he's been with us forever. I can honestly say he's a true joy to have. He's such a funny boy and makes me laugh all the time. He can definitely be a handful and is very spirited as you all well know...but I believe his personality will serve him well. One day. =)


So we went to Toys R Us when and bought him a train table with his birthday money. Marty brought it home and he was so excited! We spent the afternoon putting it together. As soon as it was done Reece promptly collected his cars and tracks and trains and took them to his favorite spots: his bedroom and the windowsill. *Sigh* So we dismantled the train table and took it back. Boo.

This time we took him to the store and let him choose for himself. Now I have to give you a little backstory here...Reece had had a long obsession with the Wizard of Oz. Mainly the Wicked Witch of the West. At first it scared him but he then decided he loved him. (He thinks the witch is a boy haha). So everytime we go to the toy store we have to spend a lot of time at the Barbie display looking at the commemorative Wizard of Oz dolls. EVERY time. Well what do you think he wanted to choose first out of all the thousands of toys available? The Wicked Witch of the West! Marty and I spent the whole time trying to talk him out of the "Barbie" but to no avail. Finally we just decided, "It's his birthday money, let him choose what he wants". So he did. And he's been dragging it around with him ever since.




On the way home he said from the back, "Mommy, the witch said I can hold his broom. He did. He did say that to me."







This is the other, more "normal" toy that he chose.









Reece on the morning of his birthday. The presents in the white bag are from "Ooey Gooey Nanny" haha















For the past year I've been promising this child a Wiggles cake for his 4th birthday. I took a stab at it and this was the result, haha. Oh well, he liked it!


I spent most of naptime getting it ready so I could surprise him when he woke up






It was really hard for the little ones to have to wait until after dinner for that cake though!






I went to get Quinn up from his nap and returned to the kitchen to find this vandalism. I didn't see a soul in sight so I yelled, "Reece Martin!". I heard a little voice from behind the couch in the living room say, "I didn't do it!". I said back, "Didn't do what?!" and his reply was...."Eat my cake. I didn't. I didn't eat my cake Mommy!" Hahaha. They are so easy get the truth from at this age. They give themselves up




See the green icing on his lower lip? Evidence!

I told him it was okay. It was his birthday cake but he had to tell the truth. He said okay and gave me a big smile.





Finally cake time!





Blowing out the candles!




He wanted the red "R" in Reece. He said it was the "Murray" letter. (Murray is the red wiggle and also Reece's favorite wiggle)



His birthday isn't for another 2 weeks but how could we leave him out? He loved the cake too!




Happy Birthday Reecey!




And I just added this pic because it makes me laugh. Babushka Baby!

1 comment: