Thursday, December 10, 2009

Handmade Christmas...again

Just a few pictures tonight of some recent projects. =)
This isn't a recent project but it's still cute. Quinny fell asleep on the living room floor in his bear suit. He was tired so we let him sleep. He stayed there for about a half hour before he woke up smiling and sweaty.




Here is Jimmie's elf as he requested. The lighting in the room wasn't very good so the leaves on his vest aren't showing up well. I still need to bind off his feet. Jimmie pointed out the hair at Hobby Lobby one day and said it looked like elf hair. So I picked it up the next time I was there alone.


As I mentioned in a previous post, I was waiting on a Waldorf making dvd. It was worth every penny! I can see a difference in using Joy's techniques already. She just retired though and I'm sad to have found her almost too late.



Here is Reece's boy. I think this is my favorite so far. Traditional Waldorf dolls don't have noses because the features are meant to be as simple as possible but some of the bigger dolls do. I decided to make this one with a nose and really like it.



Reece wanted his boy to have "lellow" hair like him so that's what he got. I made the t-shirt with some fabric I had that I was originally going to use to make some trainers or knickers for Reece. I made his pants out of a pair of recycled jeans that didn't fit anymore. I may make the little boys shirts like this, it was very easy and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment