Sunday, March 14, 2010

Clothes, Laundry, Organizing and Such...

I've been going through clothes and organizing them lately. It's actually an ongoing process it seems since people are always growing in or out of something or needing something. In a weird way I rather enjoy it. =)

Our solution to managing clothes is really just to keep the washer going like other people do I'm sure. I used to loathe doing laundry but over time I really don't mind it anymore.

Our system for organizing and saving clothing is pretty simple. When someone grows out of something I bag it up into the 2.5 or 3 gallon Hefty or Ziploc bags. I then label the bag with it contents. Such as, "Boys 24 month-2T pants" or whatnot. Then I suck the air out of the bag so we can stack or store them in rubbermaid totes. This makes things so much easier than having a great big pile of outgrown clothing making a mess.

Here's a few of the tubs I recently reorganized and inventoried


I've also started doing this for the next sizes up for people as well. When I see a really awesome deal on something in the next size up I can pick it up and store it. That way it doesn't get misplaced or damaged before it's time to use it.

I really like doing things this way. It's a lot easier and really saves a ton of money. Saving things, buying things off season at a discount, and picking up clothes when you see a really good deal are awesome unless they aren't organized. Then it seems like everything gets heaped together, you have closets and drawers smashed full with things that are too small or too big, and it's just a frustrating mess. This makes things a lot easier...for us anyway. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment